iXSurvey Ltd is the sea operations division of iXBlue and as such uses the latest technological development from within the group and participates in the finalization of the product development.
iXSurvey Ltd wishes to develop its subsea positioning activities using iXSea products for oil and gas metrology, AUV accurate navigation and deep marine mining.
In that respect, iXSurvey Ltd is seeking an experienced senior surveyor motivated by using innovative technology and its introduction to the market.
This role will be primarily responsible for:
· Developing survey procedure in accordance with customer requirements and specifications
· Liaising with iXSea engineers to fast-track this technology to market and assist of its use
· Overseeing the client liaison and installation / mobilization phase of the survey and managing staff surveyors in this role
· Training iXSurvey Ltd surveyors and supervision of operations,
· Provide an objective return of experience to iXSea development team
· Provide a high level business development role underpinned with good operational survey knowledge to assist in the delivery of this new technology and service to the marketplace
This is a new position, which will evolve to the management of the subsea activities within iXSurvey Ltd and the growth of these business activities.
· To interpret survey specifications derived from client project requirements
· Define in conjunction with group engineering staff the methodologies for utilizing our proprietary technology to meet client requirements in a compliant manner. Typical tasks include but are not limited to:
Spool Metrology Work
Out of Straightness Pipeline Survey
ROV Intervention Work
Installation & Recovery of Flexible Risers
Pipe & Umbilical Laying Operations
Installation of Subsea StructuresTie-In Operations
Survey Operations utilizing Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Systems for Offshore Construction or deep sea mining
· Prepare detailed operational plans for the deployment, operation and recovery of iXSurvey Ltd equipment, meeting with client specifications and operational requirements
· Devise and implement training appropriate to the needs of survey staff to enable delivery and objectives of survey objectives
· Manage survey operations staff in the delivery of survey services from planning through mobilization, operations, demobilization and reporting phases
· Take an active part in survey and demonstration of equipment, this include some time onboard vessels utilized for this purpose.
· Provide technical liaison with key clients at a high level to assist with the development of opportunities to prove and develop our services and new business.
· Participate in tender work through the preparation of costing, estimates and method statements.
· Supervise and sign off the preparation of deliverables and final reports to end clients.
Desired Skill Set:
The successful applicant will be a graduate / chartered hydrographic surveyor with significant experience in the offshore construction market for subsea oil and gas fields.
Experience in an onshore role developing specifications for the works described will be highly regarded.
A team player, capable of working independently and with excellent English skills both oral and written is essential. A working knowledge of the French language can be a plus.
Use of Microsoft Office and similar software tools is needed.
A willingness to travel periodically to meet with customers, for trials and demonstrations, and to attend iXSurvey Ltd facilities in their different global locations is also required.